Dahliaxat & Jenivix - Poetry Prompt 2

Death, cold and final.

Dead weight pulling me under.

Never shall I see him again.

What have I done?

I scream but no one hears me.

I plead to any god to bring him back.

But there is nothing but darkness and death before me.

I wish to join him there in the silence.

But I do not deserve that fate.

I shall not prosper, nor live again.

My hell starts now and will last an eternity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Living, too hot; a struggle to take my next breath.

Weight of his fury, closing my throat,

But let it be his face, I see,

My final gamble; I know what I’ve done.

I cannot even scream, feeling the silence take me.

God wore a friend’s face today, bright blue eyes,

Reflecting known lights and sights.

Broken silence.

Your misdeed and fate undeserved.

Lazarus, living again.

Our best destiny.


(end)


In this response to Poetry Prompt 2, Dahliaxat supplied Spock's feelings after he realises he has killed Kirk, while Jenvix wrote Kirk's experience of his near death; and his 'rising again'.

The two verses are mirrors of each other in structure, Spock's last line has the same number of syllables as the first line of Kirk's (and so on), whilst the theme of each line is reflected in the same order for both.

Comments